1968 Ford Mustang gets modern Ferrari engine
We have already told you about numerous interesting premieres and reveals that took place at this year’s SEMA Motor Show. Now, it seems like we still have a few news items to cover before calling it done. Enter the 1968 Ford Mustang with a Ferrari engine on board!
American Legends, a tuner shop for classical cars and “hot rods”, led the project. The team started by replacing the stock engine with a new 4.3-liter, naturally aspirated V8 taken from a Ferrari F430. They proceeded to equip the Italian engine with two turbochargers, thus raising its output to 700 hp (522 kW).
Aside from the above, the car features a six-speed sequential transmission, a bespoke body kit, Ferrari California air intakes, Avant Garde F461 wheels in glossy black, Wilwood brakes, a sports exhaust system and the Ride Tech Shockwave suspension.
Photo: American Legends / Corruptt
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- Ford Ranger Raptor gets slammed onto 35-inch wheels
- M&D Exclusive Cardesign pushes out another upgraded G-Wagen
- RACE! South Africa unveils comprehensively modded Range Rover Spor
- The Project Katama is another custom LR Defender by E.C.D. Automotive Design
- Volkswagen Touareg gets a beauty injection in ABT Sportsline