Car Battles: Tuned Mercedes-AMG GT R vs. Bugatti Chiron
The production-issue Bugatti Chiron comes equipped with a monstrous W16 engine capable at 1,500 hp (1,103 kW) and 1,600 Nm (1,180 lb×ft) of torque. It accelerates 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in breathtaking 2.5 seconds and can eventually go past 400 km/h (the manufacturer doesn’t even provide any exact figures). Crazy, huh?
Now consider this Mercedes-AMG GT R. Tuned up by Renntech, its four-liter V8 engine pumps out an impressive 771 hp (568 kW) and 857 Nm (632 lb×ft) of torque.
Is it enough to win a drag race against the Chiron? No, not quite. Now, what about showing a decent result? Sure!
During a quarter-mile drag run, the Bugatti Chiron accelerates to 328 km/h (204 mph), while the Mercedes-AMG GT R made it to still respectable 276 km/h (172 mph).
Watch the video to see the race with your own eyes!
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Ford Ranger Raptor gets slammed onto 35-inch wheels
- M&D Exclusive Cardesign pushes out another upgraded G-Wagen
- RACE! South Africa unveils comprehensively modded Range Rover Spor
- The Project Katama is another custom LR Defender by E.C.D. Automotive Design
- Volkswagen Touareg gets a beauty injection in ABT Sportsline