Classical Chevrolet Corvette C2 Cabrio gets a monster engine
Karl Geiger, a professional tuner of the GeigerCars team, has unveiled a tuning program which includes giving the classical Chevrolet Corvette C2 Cabrio a new, powerful engine. The car used to be manufactured in 1963 through 1967.
It is hard to believe, but the tuner has actually managed to squeeze a giant 9.1-liter V8 engine under the hood, complete with a Holley Dominator carburetor, MSD electronic ignition and custom water cooling. The monstrous machine now pumps out 790 hp (590 kW) and 787 Nm (580 lb×ft) of torque working in tandem with a Richmond six-speed manual transmission.
The convertible has also gained new, stronger brakes and a set of 19-inch Chevrolet Corvette C6 ZR1 wheels wrapped in Michelin tires.
On the inside, there are custom sports seats and a new steering wheel.
Reporter Sergei Musa
- RACE! South Africa unveils comprehensively modded Range Rover Spor
- The Project Katama is another custom LR Defender by E.C.D. Automotive Design
- Volkswagen Touareg gets a beauty injection in ABT Sportsline
- TopCar releases Stinger GTR body kit for Porsche 911 Targa
- This unique Tesla Model X will protect you against high-power pistol shots