Audi introduces virtual in-car theater
Car manufacturer Audi just announced it would reveal an innovative ‘virtual car theater’ technology at the CES show in Las-Vegas.
According to a spokesperson, having a fully autonomous (self-driving) car means having more free time to spend on various forms of digital entertainment. And even if you don’t have one, you may still feel like watching movies or listening to music when the car is parked.
The so-called Audi Immersive In-Car Entertainment System will support all kinds of broadcasting/streaming content. It is still unclear when and where the technology will be introduced first and whether it will require a dedicated ‘virtual cinema’ interior design.
Let’s wait until we learn more when the show starts.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Audi announces a brand new form of entertainment
- General Motors patents power doors that factor in wind force
- The Toyota Boshoku ACES is a self-driving car that will wake you up and make you happier
- VW mobile charging station can juice up 4 EVs in 17 minutes
- Magneti Marelli to reveal advanced self-driving car lighting tech at CES