Volkswagen Touareg gets a beauty injection in ABT Sportsline
It is hardly a secret to anyone that the latest generation of the VW Touareg is more about tech and options than good looks. Still, you can always remedy the situation by going to a tuner shop and asking for a set of new designer-made wheels. That’s exactly what the owner of this Touareg did, too.
ABT Sportsline fitted the SUV with a set of 22-inch, glossy-black ABT Sport GR wheels. If the GR series is too expensive for you (we understand), there are a number of cheaper options on offer, such as the DR, ER-C and FR-C series.
You can also order the forged rollers in matte-black if you prefer stylish understatement. Regardless of the set you choose, it is going to be a fair bit lighter than the stock version.
Aside from the wheels, the VW Touareg also gained a decent-sized power boost. If you wish, ABT Sportsline will massage the stock 3.0L diesel engine for a total of 330 hp (246 kW) and 650 Nm (480 lbft) of torque. Not bad, given that the car comes off the assembly line with 286 hp (213 kW) and 600 Nm (443 lbft) at its disposal.
Photo: ABT Sportsline GmbH
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Video blogger turns a Tesla Model 3 into a pickup called Truckla
- ECD rolls out the unique Land Rover Defender Project Neo
- Pre-facelift Ford Mustang GT tries some Cor.Speed Sports rims on for size
- DTE pushes the BMW Z4 (G29) sDrive30i to 282 HP
- This Chrysler PT ‘Bruiser’ Cruiser could be yours for as little as $4,800