The Project Katama is another custom LR Defender by E.C.D. Automotive Design
As you probably know, E.C.D. Automotive Design is an American tuner shop that strictly specializes in Land Rover Defender cars. Their latest release goes by the name “Project Katama” and packs a V8 alongside air suspension.
The team worked on the regular Land Rover Defender 110. They began by restoring it completely, reinforcing it with an exterior roll cage and wrapping it in grey/black film. They then swapped the factory wheels with 18-inch Sawtooth Alloy rims wrapped in meaty BF Goodrich All-Terrain T/A tires.
The SUV also sports revised bumpers, headlights, wide fender flares, practical running boards, a heavy-duty WARN winch and a foldable spare wheel housing in the back.
The engine bay of the custom Land Rover Defender 110 holds a new Chevrolet LS3 V8 engine which works in conjunction with a seven-speed automatic transmission.
As far as the suspension is concerned, E.C.D. Automotive Design went for a custom kit featuring Bilstein struts and purpose-built roll bars.
The cabin has also received a major overhaul and now houses four independent heated/ventilated Recaro seats, a Startech steering wheel, an advanced Alpine Infotainment System and other handy tech features. The finishing mostly involves premium leather and Alcantara (for the ceiling).
The atelier never specified how much the Land Rover Defender Project Katama had cost its owner.
Photo: E.C.D. Automotive Design
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- New looks, new strengths: Audi A7 gets an upgrade from BEST-Performance
- Gemballa unveils the GTR 8XX EvoR BiTurbo, which is a Porsche 911 at heart
- H&R launches sport springs for the current-gen Audi A6 / Avant
- Severn Valley Motorsport shows a 700-hp Nissan Juke
- Ivan Tampi Customs launches new Chevrolet Corvette body kitIvan Tampi Customs launches new Chevrolet Corvette body kit