This G-Wagen can rival many sports cars
British tuners from Onyx Concept have rolled out their custom take on the Mercedes G-Class.
In its stock condition, the Mercedes-AMG G63 comes equipped with a 4.0-liter, twin-turbo V8 rated at 577 hp (430 kW) and 850 Nm (627 lbft) of torque. As such, it can put some serious supercars to shame in terms of raw engine output.
Speaking of which, amateur racers have repeatedly pitted the G-Wagen up against full-fledged performance cars on a drag strip – and it has even managed to best some of them, such as the Range Rover SVR and the Audi SQ7. It would probably do even better if it weren’t for its sheer weight and virtually non-existent aerodynamics.
This is exactly where Onyx Concept comes in. The new upgrade package is called ‘Mercedes-AMG G63 Onyx Edition’ and includes a performance boost alongside a stylish aero kit.
Photo: Onyx Concept
Chief Editor Olga Markelova
- Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door Coupe tries some Vossen Wheels on
- You may mistake this BMW 5 Series for a Chevy Corvette from behind
- BMW X5 (G05) wide body kit concept by Renegade Design
- Mercedes GLE wins a stylish body kit from Atarius Concept / JB Customs
- Abu Dhabi Motors puts up a “fully loaded” BMW X2 M35i for sale in UAE