The Audi Q2L e-tron is for China only
During the ongoing annual automobile show in Shanghai, China, Audi has presented its new all-electric SUV called the Q2L e-tron. The car will go on sale in China before the end of 2019, but won’t be available outside of that country.
The ‘L’ suffix means the vehicle is a long wheelbase version of the Europe-sold Q2. That said, the Chinese newcomer is actually only 33 millimeters (1.29 inches) longer.
Compared to its European counterpart, the Audi Q2L e-tron sports metallic air intake bezels, a different radiator grille, a chrome-coated rear diffuser, a rear bumper, plastic under shields, and aerodynamically-shaped alloy wheels.
The car comes powered by a single electric motor with 134 hp (100 kW) and 290 Nm (214 lbft) of torque. The motor draws its power from a 38 kWh battery rated for 265 km (165 miles) of range. The rest of the specs, as well as the pricing, remain unannounced.
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Hyundai announces a ‘hot’ variant of its yet-to-be-released pickup truck
- All-new Jaguar XJ flashes its buttocks at the LR Defender premiere
- Nissan goes & builds its own ‘Francfort Show 2019’, with Juke Mk.2 and 20+ visitors
- 2020 Land Rover Defender is here at long last
- Mercedes-Benz debuts its Vision EQS Concept flagship in Frankfurt