The Audi Q2L e-tron is for China only
During the ongoing annual automobile show in Shanghai, China, Audi has presented its new all-electric SUV called the Q2L e-tron. The car will go on sale in China before the end of 2019, but won’t be available outside of that country.
The ‘L’ suffix means the vehicle is a long wheelbase version of the Europe-sold Q2. That said, the Chinese newcomer is actually only 33 millimeters (1.29 inches) longer.
Compared to its European counterpart, the Audi Q2L e-tron sports metallic air intake bezels, a different radiator grille, a chrome-coated rear diffuser, a rear bumper, plastic under shields, and aerodynamically-shaped alloy wheels.
The car comes powered by a single electric motor with 134 hp (100 kW) and 290 Nm (214 lbft) of torque. The motor draws its power from a 38 kWh battery rated for 265 km (165 miles) of range. The rest of the specs, as well as the pricing, remain unannounced.
Reporter Sergei Musa
- Man completes street-legal F1 racecar he has spent five years building
- All-electric Denza Concept X debuts at the Shenzheng show
- Skoda’s Vision GT Concept makes a surprise appearance at the Shenzhen 2019
- A unique Opel Zafira concept debuts at the Opel-Treffen 2019
- A Bomb from Bavaria: BMW resurrects the 49-year-old Garmisch Concept