M&D Exclusive Cardesign pushes the Mercedes C43 AMG to 440 hp / 328 kW
Mercedes took its C43 AMG executive sedan/saloon through a facelift last year, tweaking its exterior ever so slightly and boosting the V6 turbo to 390 hp (291 kW). Despite this, car tuner M&D Exclusive Cardesign found plenty of things to improve in the vehicle.
To begin with, the team swapped the stock wheels – which many find too small for the model – out for a set of 20-inch Z-Performance ZP2.1 forged rims finished in Gloss Metallic Grey and wrapped in Pirelli rubber. The front axle received wheels 8.5 inches wide, while the rear axle gained a broader 10.5-inch duo. The tuner then lowered the ride height using coilovers.
The engine was persuaded to deliver 440 hp (328 kW) along with 650 Nm (479 lb×ft) of torque. For the performance boost to be audible, M&D ditched the stock muffler for an in-house designed performance exhaust system.
Following up with the exterior tuning, the team gave its Mercedes C43 AMG a matte-black full wrap while leaving some details – like the spoiler lip, the trunk lid, and the front grille divider – glossy-black for contrast.
Photos: M&D Exclusive Cardesign / Z Performance Wheels
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- McLaren builds a custom 600LT Coupe to celebrate 1,000 vehicles sold
- Posaidon revs the Mercedes-Benz GLS 63 4MATIC all the way up to 1,300 Nm
- Alpine A110 by Carlex Design is ostentatiously expensive
- Ferrada makes Mercedes-AMG E63 S sportier in a couple ways
- Polish tuners persuade the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 to produce 535 HP