Sported-up Ford Puma ST gets spotted on the North Loop
Car spotters have repeatedly photographed the new Ford Puma subcompact crossover/SUV over the recent months – but the car has always been encased in an impervious shell of test mule wrap. The latest sighting was on the Nürburgring Circuit in Germany, and while the cladding is still present, it lets us make out a few interesting details.
For one, Ford has obviously been testing the new LED headlights of the car. There are also two round exhaust tips now, instead of just one. Of course, there is no guarantee that the car is even the Ford Puma ST that we have come to associate it with – but the large wheels and the honeycomb grille both seem good enough indications.
The main Ford Puma series uses the Fiesta architecture. This leads many to believe that the new Puma ST will get a 1.5-liter three-cylinder turbo engine rated at 197 hp (147 kW), linked to the Fiesta St manual gearbox.
The SUV will enter production in Romania and will likely celebrate its premiere at the 2019 International Motor Show Germany in the coming fall.
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- 2nd-gen Genesis G80 leaks in Nürburgring spy shots ahead of September premiere
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W206) hits the road and the Internets
- 2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport leaks ahead of premiere
- Cladded BMW 4 Series Coupe fails to avoid popularity
- BMW M235i Gran Coupe gets spotted out in the open