SR66 Design launches new Audi R8 Spyder wide body kit
Finding a body kit to fit your roofless Audi R8 Spyder in terms of both size and style is no easy task to begin with. It becomes nearly impossible if what you are looking for extends beyond the old-and-tired “a lip here, a spoiler there, throw in some velour mats” formula. Luckily, this is where team SR66 Design comes to the rescue.
The Poland-based tuner ships its body kit for the Audi R8 (Type 42) that used to be produced between 2006 and 2015. Included are a ventilated hood, a redesigned front apron with an RS-like grille and large air intakes around the headlights, wide skirts, side panel and fender extensions, an aggressive-looking rear diffuser, and a swan-neck spoiler. Once fully outfitted, the Audi R8 (Type 42) gives off distinct Lamborghini vibes – the Aventador, or perhaps even the Veneno kind.
In addition to the aero parts, the spyder car boasts a custom wrap by Wrap Collabo & 9Sixty Design. It rides on air courtesy of Polish suspension tuner airRIDE-System.pl.
Lastly, the interior is a work of yet another studio, Carissmo. There is plenty of Alcantara and carbon used throughout, with bright red highlights livening things up.
And how do you find this Audi R8 Spyder?
Photos: Jakub Gosztyła Pictures
Reporter Sergei Musa
- McLaren builds a custom 600LT Coupe to celebrate 1,000 vehicles sold
- Posaidon revs the Mercedes-Benz GLS 63 4MATIC all the way up to 1,300 Nm
- Alpine A110 by Carlex Design is ostentatiously expensive
- Ferrada makes Mercedes-AMG E63 S sportier in a couple ways
- Polish tuners persuade the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 to produce 535 HP