Mk8 VW Golf interior leaks online
A spy photo showing the cabin of the next-generation Volkswagen Golf has recently found its way into the Internet, just a couple days after the carmaker revealed the first official sketches of the hatchback.
Based on the pic, the 8th-gen VW Golf features a single large dashboard display that simultaneously serves as an instrument panel and an infotainment system screen. There is hardly a button in view, meaning that everything – including even the climate control interface – will be touch-based.
Volkswagen AG had initially planned to reveal the new Golf in the fall of 2019, but then postponed the premiere for late February 2020. Apparently, some pre-production cars experienced electronic system failures, and there were certain security issues with the live software update mechanism.
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- 2nd-gen Genesis G80 leaks in Nürburgring spy shots ahead of September premiere
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W206) hits the road and the Internets
- 2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport leaks ahead of premiere
- Cladded BMW 4 Series Coupe fails to avoid popularity
- BMW M235i Gran Coupe gets spotted out in the open