Ultra-rare Mercedes-Benz E 60 AMG (W124) goes up on sale
We have recently tumbled upon this rare and interesting copy of the Mercedes-Benz E 60 AMG (W124), a sedan/saloon dating back thirty-something years. The retro car packs a bored-out M119-E50 V8 engine rated at an impressive 381 hp (284 kW) along with 580 Nm (428 lb×ft) of torque. It is currently on sale at Collection Car, but the asking price is not open to public.
The W124 series saw the light in 1985 and came out in fewer than 150 copies. Based on the E 500, its drivetrain specs are nothing to sneeze at even today.
As you may see, this particular example has undergone quite a bit of customization. There is a sports exhaust system with Eisenmann tailpipes, 19-inch wheels borrowed from a CLK 63 Black Series, and six-piston Movit front brakes with discs measuring 396 mm (15.5 inches) in diameter.
The chassis and the cabin have been recently restored to top condition, the seller claims. The latter now sports an Alcantara trim on the ceiling and the parcel shelf. New additions include a sports steering wheel with an AMG logo and an up-to-date infotainment system with navigation support.
Photos: Collection Car
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- McLaren builds a custom 600LT Coupe to celebrate 1,000 vehicles sold
- Posaidon revs the Mercedes-Benz GLS 63 4MATIC all the way up to 1,300 Nm
- Alpine A110 by Carlex Design is ostentatiously expensive
- Ferrada makes Mercedes-AMG E63 S sportier in a couple ways
- Polish tuners persuade the Mercedes-AMG CLA 45 to produce 535 HP