Porsche 718 Boxster Spyder first teaser vid released
Spy shots featuring Porsche’s upcoming 718 Boxster Spyder in its test mule mascara have made it online more than once lately. Today, the luxury sports car manufacturer finally deigned us worthy of catching a glimpse of the vehicle in an official video.
A glimpse is all there is, in fact. There is a caption saying ‘A storm is coming,’ and then a roadster appears on one side of the screen to disappear behind the other moments later. The movement is way too fast to discern any details, but viewing individual still frames enables us to conclude that the car gets a retractable soft top and air deflectors situated directly behind the seats.
The cabin trim scheme also remains a mystery, but it may be worth reminding that the concept version of the Porsche 718 Boxster Spyder had a minimalistic trim when it premiered. Overall, we should probably expect an abundance of carbon fiber trim elements and door handles wrapped in fabric, the latter being a traditional feature in all open-top Porsche vehicles.
The engine sound leads us to assume that the car comes powered by a naturally-aspirated, opposed-cylinder engine. The transmission is likely mechanic, upgradeable to DCT as long as you wish to pay for it.
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- CarWOW has four ultra-powerful SUVs sort it out on a drag strip
- Some of these Nissan Skylines cost barely more than a new iPhone
- Video: Mercedes AMG GT demolishes fire hydrant after colliding with Range Rover
- Rare Ford GT sells for $1.5M after 24-month cooldown period
- Launch control enables BMW M8 do 0-100 km/h in 2.88 s