Tesla now sells used cars at 10-15 percent discounts
U.S.-based EV manufacturer Tesla, Inc. has begun offering previously owned cars alongside new ones. The offer encompasses Tesla’s entire range from the Model 3 to Model X. Visit the dedicated website to learn more about the deals in your area and make a purchase.
According to Tesla, each car undergoes a painstaking testing procedure that includes checking a total of 70 parameters before it goes on sale. New owners are given a choice between two warranty plans. The first one is valid for two years or 160,000 kilometers (100,000 miles), whichever comes first. The other one is valid for four years or 80,000 km (50,000 mi).
Used cars generally cost between 10 and 15 percent less than new ones. For instance, a 2017 Model 3 Long Range equipped to the max is currently being offered for only U.S. $40,000. A 2014 Model S with 45,000 kilometers (28,000 miles) under its belt costs almost the same amount. And as for the SUVs, a 2016 Model X with 65,000 km (40,000 mi) on the counter comes cheapest at just $67,000.
Right now, shipping fees are zero for San Francisco customers. If you live in another area, add a $2,000 shipping fee.
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- Taylor Aerocar is a vintage flying car worth $1M
- Tesla Model 3 plows into a police car in Autopilot mode
- Elon Musk drives the Cybertruck to a restaurant and into a bollard
- Fiat 124 Spider says farewell to Europe, other markets likely to follow
- Chevrolet Suburban makes it onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame