Tesla now sells used cars at 10-15 percent discounts
U.S.-based EV manufacturer Tesla, Inc. has begun offering previously owned cars alongside new ones. The offer encompasses Tesla’s entire range from the Model 3 to Model X. Visit the dedicated website to learn more about the deals in your area and make a purchase.
According to Tesla, each car undergoes a painstaking testing procedure that includes checking a total of 70 parameters before it goes on sale. New owners are given a choice between two warranty plans. The first one is valid for two years or 160,000 kilometers (100,000 miles), whichever comes first. The other one is valid for four years or 80,000 km (50,000 mi).
Used cars generally cost between 10 and 15 percent less than new ones. For instance, a 2017 Model 3 Long Range equipped to the max is currently being offered for only U.S. $40,000. A 2014 Model S with 45,000 kilometers (28,000 miles) under its belt costs almost the same amount. And as for the SUVs, a 2016 Model X with 65,000 km (40,000 mi) on the counter comes cheapest at just $67,000.
Right now, shipping fees are zero for San Francisco customers. If you live in another area, add a $2,000 shipping fee.
Reporter Artem Sukhanov
- Carlos Ghosn sues his offenders, asks for €15M in reparations
- Seven stunt drivers block California highway for 15 minutes
- Heading to Chicago? Consider spending a night in a sausage car!
- Elizabeth Taylor’s Rolls-Royce looking for new owner
- This military campervan offers more modern comforts than some hostels do