Ford Mustang GT Convertible gets a widebody kit and a hood-mounted bike rack
Modders of the Ford Mustang GT may be numerous and varied, but few would ever consider taking an open-top Mustang and fitting it with a front-mounted bicycle holder. Nonetheless, Instagram user @m86_unicorn did exactly that.
First, he equipped the muscle car with a Clinched widebody kit. Aside from the extreme fender flares, the vehicle gained an enormous front spoiler, longer side skirts, and a trunk lip.
He then ditched the standard hood cover for what looks like a Vis Carbon ventilated hood (unsure about the specific model, though) and added an RTR Vehicles front grille.
The highlight of the entire project it still the bike rack, which sits on the hood and the windshield. Yes, you read that correctly: the windshield. Apparently, compromising driver’s field of view seemed no big issue to the tuner, whose only priority likely was to stand out in the crowd. He succeeded there, we’ll grant him that.
This particular Ford Mustang rides on an AirLift Performance suspension kit and has a few useful aftermarket upgrades. These include a roll cage, large-diameter wheels with golden rims and black spokes, and a ProCharger supercharger unit to convince the 5.0-liter V8 to produce 700 hp (522 kW).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Video: New BMW X6 M outpaces Bentayga Speed thanks to tuning
- Track-readied, 850-PS Nissan GT-R fails to sell for $92k
- Blacked-out, stylized Mercedes Benz X-Class by Kahn crops up on sale for £50k
- Subaru WRX S4 sedan bows in Japan with a rear window wiper
- Meet the Protec Q18, a motorhome with 18 sq. m. (193 sq. ft.) of living room