First spy shots reveal the exterior of the VW Golf 8 GTI
The seemingly omnipresent car spotters have managed to make photos of the 8th-generation Volkswagen Golf GTI hatchback, which is expected to hit the market in 2020.
The heavily cladded prototype vehicle was spotted at the North Loop of the Nürburgring Circuit in Germany. Some of the details, such as larger air intakes in the front bumper, can still be seen despite the wrap. The exhaust tips are more or less standard Golf GTI fare.
It is generally expected that the VW Golf 8 GTI will enter the market armed with a 2.0-liter, four-cylinder engine rated close to 300 hp (224 kW). Nothing is known about the standard sprint times, but given the reputation of the hot hatch, we can safely expect its acceleration dynamics to be class-leading.
As said above, the eighth iteration of the sported-up Golf should arrive in 2020.
Photos courtesy of S. Baldauf/SB-Medien
Chief Editor Olga Markelova
- 2nd-gen Genesis G80 leaks in Nürburgring spy shots ahead of September premiere
- 2021 Mercedes-Benz C-Class (W206) hits the road and the Internets
- 2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport leaks ahead of premiere
- Cladded BMW 4 Series Coupe fails to avoid popularity
- BMW M235i Gran Coupe gets spotted out in the open