The Ultimate Crash Test: Hummer H1 gets a tank projectile to the face
This is how viral videos are born. Someone finds a retired Hummer H1 and wants to find out just whether the quasi-military off-roader is really as rugged as the manufacturer claims. So they take it to a testing ground and… fire a tank round at it, what!?
Yep, that’s precisely what happens in the video. After a deafening blast, we discover that the projectile left a hole in the windshield and then sorta just flew away. The SUV remains otherwise completely intact, the ignition functions as normal, and you can drive it as if nothing had happened.
Take a closer look, and you will see that the other half of the windscreen actually stays in top condition, without as much as a scratch to be seen after the blast.
This is not the first time vloggers have fun like this, though. Early this year, some guys tried to demolish a Land Rover Discovery using military-grade weaponry. That one had much worse luck, though. The poor doomed SUV received a tank shell to the engine bay followed by a blast from a grenade launcher that wrecked it beyond all repair.
Chief Editor Olga Markelova
- 12 iconic Japanese cars to go under the hammer in early August
- VIDEO: Battery-powered Ford F-150 towing 450 metric tons’ worth of goods
- Carlos Ghosn sues his offenders, asks for €15M in reparations
- Seven stunt drivers block California highway for 15 minutes
- Heading to Chicago? Consider spending a night in a sausage car!