Dodge Charger Daytona replica goes up on auction
GAA Classic Cars will be holding an auction dedicated to this replica of the famous Dodge Charger Daytona in November 2019. The asking price remains unannounced.
The vehicle comes based on the 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T chassis. It takes advantage of the preinstalled Super Track package and comes powered by a 5.7-liter V8 engine rated at 376 hp (280 kW) and 556 Nm (410 pound-feet) of torque. Compared to the original Daytona coupe, the copycat flauns a massive rear wing and a sizeable nose add-on with pop-up headlights.
The retro-styled sports car takes advantage of 20-inch wheels, a high-end audio system, a power sunroof, a multimedia center with a 6.5-inch display, and a paddle shifter. The cabin sports a fine white/red leather trim.
The original Dodge Charger Daytona came into existence precisely 50 years ago. In its road-legal version, it came equipped with a 7.2-liter V8 engine delivering 375 hp (280 kW) to the wheels. You could also get a stronger 425-hp (317-kW) version. The track-only Daytona was the first vehicle in the history of NASCAR to have accelerated to 322 km/h (200 miles per hour).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 70-year-old Hudson restomod crashes Monterey party with V8, 638 HP
- Mansory says goodbye to gas-powered Smart ForTwo with extra refinement and power
- Daniel Orlando slams his VW Tiguan into the tarmac
- Wheelsandmore pushes the newest G-Wagon to supercar levels of performance
- Video: Matt Farah drives engine-swapped, 550-HP E30 BMW M3