The legendary BMW 3.5 CSL IMSA goes up on sale
Car collector Henry Schmitt will be selling an ultra-rare 1974 BMW 3.5 CSL IMSA (E9) racecar at the nearest RM Sotheby’s auction on August 15-17, 2019.
Throughout its history, the car used to be piloted by such professional motorsport stars as Brian Redman, Allan Moffat, Sam Posey and Hans Joachim “Strietzel” Stuck. The latter drove it to victory at the 1975 12 Hours of Sebring endurance race in the USA.
The racecar has scored several other prizes in IMSA Camel GT and World Championship of Makes series since.
The starting price remains unannounced, but you can rest assured that it is going to be high, given that BMW only built five such vehicles for the 1975 IMSA GT.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- James Bond’s DB5 sells for record-smashing $6.3M+ at Sotheby’s
- V8 vs. XL-Sized Juice Pack: Audi R8 gets pitted up against the TTS
- Porsche-tagged vintage car is 9 years older than Porsche itself
- Skyler Grey’s hand-painted Aventador is a contemporary pop artwork
- A woman in USA implants a Tesla key chip under her skin