New BMW iNext teaser reveals six-sided steering wheel
BMW has deigned us worthy of seeing another pic of its upcoming all-electric crossover SUV provisionally known as the iNext. The image focuses on the car’s originally shaped steering wheel. According to the company, the hexagonal wheel ensures more legroom for the driver while also improving dashboard visibility.
Aside from the above, the BMW iNext will be getting an enormous, curved, touch-enabled display with anti-glare coating and magnesium bezel. The display will combine the functions of the instrument cluster and the multimedia system.
The exterior of the SUV stays true to its namesake prototype revealed on board a Boeing 777 °F in 2018. The car will surpass the iX3 in terms of dimensions.
Depending on your chosen configuration, driving range will vary between 450 and 700 kilometers (280 and 435 miles, respectively). As for the engine specs, rumor has it the top trim may produce as much as 800 hp (596 kW). It may also get an autonomous driving system, but no details are available right now.
The premiere is scheduled for 2021.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Ford launches project to produce plastic from coffee bean husks
- Volkswagen Group finds out when EVs will be as affordable as ICE cars
- McLaren developing a brand-new PHEV platform for 2021
- Porsche working on a breakthrough e-AWD system
- One liter of gas, 100 km of driving: New Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe improves fuel economy