UAZ Patriot might get 2.2L Ford diesel version
The authorized dealer of Russian car marque UAZ in Belgium announced earlier today that the Patriot SUV line would soon be available with a 2.2-liter Ford diesel engine. No details or ETAs were provided.
The engine, which belongs to the Duratorq series and usually comes with Ford’s Transit vans, delivers between 100 and 150 hp (75 and 112 kW, respectively). It remains to be seen whether the UAZ version proves different.
Aside from this, the Patriot series will soon ship with the updated ZMZ Pro engine, which is required if you want the 6L50 automatic transmission.
Based on 3D renders the Belgian dealership posted on its social network pages, the Patriot will also undergo a minor facelift soon, although this remains to be confirmed by the marque’s Russia HQ.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Ford launches project to produce plastic from coffee bean husks
- Volkswagen Group finds out when EVs will be as affordable as ICE cars
- McLaren developing a brand-new PHEV platform for 2021
- Porsche working on a breakthrough e-AWD system
- One liter of gas, 100 km of driving: New Mercedes-Benz GLE Coupe improves fuel economy