12 iconic Japanese cars to go under the hammer in early August
Classic Car Auctions will be holding a sale on August 3, 2019, focusing on rare editions of 12 famous Japanese cars.
Two Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution sports cars named after Tommi Makinen, famous racing driver and four-time winner of the World Rally Championship, are the main highlight of the sale. Both come equipped with a torque distribution system for the rear wheels, massive rear spoilers, and bucket seats inside. Apparently, the seller only wants £20,000 for each, but the price will likely shoot through the ceiling when the bidding starts.
There is also a Nissan Skyline GT-R (body type 34) wearing a Bayside Blue paintjob. The original Fast & Furious movie featured this exact model. The car is in good condition, with most of its components remaining stock.
Finally, there is a rare Subaru Impreza WRX STI, one out of only 1,000 released. The sports car has 63,713 kilometers (39,590 miles) under its belt, but is in peak condition again after full service maintenance.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tesla Space Roadster completes its first solar orbit
- Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
- Porsche Taycan covers 3,425 km / 2,128 mi on the Nardò Ring in 24 hours
- McLaren 600LT and 720S get a tie at the Nürburgring
- There Ain’t No Propeller: BMW shatters misconceptions surrounding its logo