VIDEO: 2 Lambos have it out with each other in 5 races
A video has recently popped up on YouTube showing a Lamborghini Aventador SV competing against a Huracan Performante on wet asphalt. The two vehicles were compared in a drag race, a rolling race, and a brake test.
In its factory form, the Aventador SV comes equipped with a 6.5-liter V12 engine rated at 750 hp (559 kW). The Huracan Performante packs a marginally less awesome 5.2-liter V10 unit with 640 hp (478 kW) at the crank. On paper, the Aventador does the standard sprint in 2.8 seconds, which is 0.1 s faster than the Huracan Performante can do, despite the 150-kg (330-lb) weight advantage of the latter.
The Performante also debuted two years later, landing it with a more sophisticated dual-clutch transmission design. So, the odds are not that long after all.
Watch the video to see how the two performed in the five test runs.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- James Bond’s DB5 sells for record-smashing $6.3M+ at Sotheby’s
- V8 vs. XL-Sized Juice Pack: Audi R8 gets pitted up against the TTS
- Porsche-tagged vintage car is 9 years older than Porsche itself
- Skyler Grey’s hand-painted Aventador is a contemporary pop artwork
- A woman in USA implants a Tesla key chip under her skin