Lamborghini unveils the 63 Edition Roadster
Lamborghini has a surprise waiting for its fans at the Pebble Beach show. The company will soon be unveiling a what it calls the 63 Edition Roadster, a supercar series based on the open-top Aventador SVJ.
Guests of the show received leaflets with the teaser pic printed on them: an Aventador engine cover with the inspcription ’63 Edition’ on it. Perhaps 63 refers to the total production run.
The regular Aventador draws its power from a 6.5-liter V12 engine rated at 770 horsepower (574 kilowatts) and 720 Newton-meters (531 pound-feet) of torque. It sends that power to all four wheels, sprints 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) in just 2.9 seconds and tops out at 350 km/h (217 mph). The special edition is unlikely to be any different in this regard.
On a side note, Lamborghini had initially planned to bring a 1,000-hp (745-kW) strong hybrid hypercar to this year’s Pebble Beach, but ultimately postponed the premiere until September.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Hyundai announces a ‘hot’ variant of its yet-to-be-released pickup truck
- All-new Jaguar XJ flashes its buttocks at the LR Defender premiere
- Nissan goes & builds its own ‘Francfort Show 2019’, with Juke Mk.2 and 20+ visitors
- 2020 Land Rover Defender is here at long last
- Mercedes-Benz debuts its Vision EQS Concept flagship in Frankfurt