Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
The German automotive giant has arranged for an unusual race: its famed all-electric ID. R Concept went up against a racing-spec quadcopter. The race took place at the company’s testing ground in Wolfsburg, Germany.
The Volkswagen ID. R Concept has already set a number of impressive records, including those of the Nürburgring and the Pikes Peak.
VW says it will be launching the production of its all-new ID.3 hatchback model soon. The advertising does its best to market the ID.3 as ID.R’s younger sibling. The current race is another advertisement for the battery-powered hot hatch.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Rumor: Suzuki to turn its Jimny mini-SUV into a truck to evade eco fines
- Jeep legally forces Mahindra to redesign the Roxor; here’s the result
- Infiniti delays its QX55 coupe/SUV until at least November 2020
- 1 out of 5 Zagato Mostro Coupés goes up on sale for nearly €1M
- Paul Walker’s car collection goes under the hammer setting a few records