Volkswagen pits its ID. R Concept up against a quadcopter
The German automotive giant has arranged for an unusual race: its famed all-electric ID. R Concept went up against a racing-spec quadcopter. The race took place at the company’s testing ground in Wolfsburg, Germany.
The Volkswagen ID. R Concept has already set a number of impressive records, including those of the Nürburgring and the Pikes Peak.
VW says it will be launching the production of its all-new ID.3 hatchback model soon. The advertising does its best to market the ID.3 as ID.R’s younger sibling. The current race is another advertisement for the battery-powered hot hatch.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Ferrari says it will fight for the right to hold onto the V12
- Tesla Model S flexes its muscles before the ‘Ring beating Laguna Seca
- New Land Rover Defender LEGO model is just like the real thing
- VIDEO: 1,326 Ford Mustangs get together for a record
- New Rolls-Royce Cullinan rumored first specs revealed