MTM stocks a whole range of upgrades for the VW T-Roc
German tuner Motoren Technik Mayer (MTM) began designing its own aftermarket goodies for the Volkswagen T-Roc several months ago, and now the list seems more or less complete. Let us see what kind of upgrades the 4WD mini-SUV gets.
The assortment now includes an active valve exhaust system, sports suspension, in-house-designed nine-spoke Bimoto wheels measuring up to 20 inches across, reinforced brakes and a slew of other things meant to improve the appearance of the German off-roader as well as its road dynamics.
The interior options are few and far between: there are all kinds of custom floor mats and tuner’s badges, but that would be it. The engine is a different story altogether, though. You can pay to have your 2.0 TSI engine boosted from its stock 190 hp (142 kW) and 320 Nm (238 lb-ft) of torque to 240 hp (179 kW) and 370 Nm (273 lb-ft). MTM promises a 1.3s reduction in the standard sprint time (down from 7.2 to 5.9 seconds). In turn, the 2.0 TDI gets a boost to 180 hp (134 kW) and 400 Nm (295 lb-ft). Similar upgrades exist for every engine on the lineup.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Mercedes-Benz GLC gets better ECU, new wheels from VÄTH
- What do you think of this Acid Green Audi RS4 Avant?
- U.S. coachbuilder considers Cadillac Escalade-V, Chevrolet Tahoe SS coupe conversions
- Ramsmobile unveils the Protos RM-X2, an SUV on tracks
- KIA Ceed GT gains sports points with new H&R springs