Hongqi unveils the E115, a battery SUV with Rolls-Royce looks
Hongqi, a Chinese automotive brand and part of the FAW Group, has brought several new cars to the IAA 2019, including this E115. The company says its first all-electric SUV will become a mass-produced model eventually, but doesn’t give any kind of timeframe.
The crossover vehicle comes based on a brand-new platform and sports a Level 4 autonomous driving system, AWD and as many as 8 (!) selectable driving modes. The engine specs remain unannounced, though, and while the manufacturer claims it can cover up to 600 km (373 miles) on a single charge, the method according to which these figures were calculated also remains unknown.
Other that that, you may have noticed that the E115 looks like a wannabe Rolls-Royce. This actually isn’t surprising, given that Hongqi’s Design Department is headed by Giles Taylor, ex-Chief Designer of the British luxury car marque.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- All-new Jaguar XJ flashes its buttocks at the LR Defender premiere
- Nissan goes & builds its own ‘Francfort Show 2019’, with Juke Mk.2 and 20+ visitors
- 2020 Land Rover Defender is here at long last
- Mercedes-Benz debuts its Vision EQS Concept flagship in Frankfurt
- Hongqi unveils a 1,400-HP hypercar concept for Europe