Hongqi unveils a 1,400-HP hypercar concept for Europe
Straight after premiering its AWD SUV called the E115 at the IAA Frankfurt 2019, Chinese premium carmaker Hongqi took the wraps off another vehicle, the S9 Concept. The company said it would bring it into production, but did not provide any estimates.
The Hongqi S9 is a mid-engine, coupe-shaped hypercar with an all-carbon body and butterfly-wing doors. It comes powered by a 4.0-liter twin-turbo V8 gas engine and an electric motor (or multiple motors; this bit is unclear). The total power output amounts to an impressive 1,400 horsepower (1,044 kilowatts).
The company, which is a subsidiary of the Chinese FAW Group, claims its hypercar needs a mere 1.9 seconds to sprint 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) and may ultimately exceed 400 km/h (248.5 mph). To put things into perspective, the recently revealed Lamborghini Sian superhybrid only completes the sprint in 2.8 s and maxes out at 350 km/h (217 mph).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- All-new Jaguar XJ flashes its buttocks at the LR Defender premiere
- Nissan goes & builds its own ‘Francfort Show 2019’, with Juke Mk.2 and 20+ visitors
- 2020 Land Rover Defender is here at long last
- Mercedes-Benz debuts its Vision EQS Concept flagship in Frankfurt
- Hongqi unveils a 1,400-HP hypercar concept for Europe