Mercedes-Benz debuts its Vision EQS Concept flagship in Frankfurt
Mercedes-Benz has unveiled the Vision EQS Concept, a prototype version of its upcoming executive car line.
The Frankfurt show car features dual motors (one per axle) and a battery integrated into its bottom. The nominal performance is 476 horsepower (355 kW), the driving range is excellent at 700 kilometers (435 miles), and charging from zero to 80% takes only 20 minutes.
The car looks flashy in multiple ways. There is an embracing LED stripe spanning from the front grille and headlights through the sides to the taillights, which provides a clear separation line between the dark roof and the light lower body. The grille alone contains as many as 940 LED lights, and the rear apron contains 229.
The interior looks no less futuristic and has a luxury marine yacht vibe, but the traditional steering controls are in place. The car does have an autopilot feature, but at Level 3 it cannot replace the driver completely.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- All-new Jaguar XJ flashes its buttocks at the LR Defender premiere
- Nissan goes & builds its own ‘Francfort Show 2019’, with Juke Mk.2 and 20+ visitors
- 2020 Land Rover Defender is here at long last
- Mercedes-Benz debuts its Vision EQS Concept flagship in Frankfurt
- Hongqi unveils a 1,400-HP hypercar concept for Europe