David Brown comes out with an expensive Mini redesign
British manufacturer David Brown Automotive has announced the Mini Remastered Oselli Edition – its own rendition of the iconic urban compact with modern tech. The four-door version will go on sale priced at £98,000, and the performance version will come at a £10,000 premium. The total production volume will not exceed 60 copies.
Media learned two years ago that David Brown Automotive wanted to design exclusive Mini restomods and release them in small batches ranging from 50 to 100 cars each. Since then, the company had no trouble at all finding buyers at the £70,000 price point, which prompted it to up the ante in terms of both features and prices.
Each Mini Remastered Oselli Edition comes equipped with a naturally aspirated four-cylinder engine bored out from 1,275 to 1,420 cubic centimeters. It sends 101 hp (75 kW) to the wheels through a five-speed transmission, 22 hp (16 kW) more than the original Mini does.
Each restomod additionally features Spax coilovers, grille lighting, and bucket seats.
The live premiere is scheduled for the nearest future.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Ancient 1972 Chevy Blazer does squats for a change
- This Subaru Tribeca-based stretch limo could be yours for 38,000 USD
- Garage 54 takes its UAZ-based Cybertruck replica out for a test drive
- Russian firm turns a Toyota Mega Cruiser into an extreme ambulance off-roader
- Varis unveils two badass Supra kits at the TAS 2020