Volkswagen announces performance-packed ID.3 R
Literally a couple days after introducing its all-new ID.3 electric hatchback (see the gallery and the video), Volkswagen AG announced it would be bringing out a performance version called ‘R’.
Allegedly, the new model will ‘take electric sportiness to a whole new level,’ while offering ‘a brand-new interpretation of the letter R than, for example, in the Golf/Golf R series.’
The company also openly admitted that the future of its R range would have to be purely electric, as the latest zero-emission drafts threaten to destroy the ICE-powered supercar market.
Industry observers suppose that the ID.3 R may receive two electric motors rated close to 300 hp (224 kW). The launch date remains unannounced.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Wey’s new S is an all-electric SUV concept
- The Byton M-Byte is an all-electric SUV with 48” curved digital dash
- Ford’s new Mustang-shaped SUV is faster than the Mustang itself
- The FAW Bestune T99 is the Chinese carmaker’s newest flagship
- 2020 Cadillac CT4 facelift debuts with four trims, 330hp / 246kW max