Nissan Frontier Desert Runner debuts with V8 and long-stroke suspension
Let us have a look at yet another remarkable SEMA debutant: the Frontier Desert Runner pickup, fitted to dominate the sands.
Nissan says it has co-designed the vehicle with MA Motorsports. While the regular Frontier truck comes equipped with a four-liter V6, the Desert Runner packs an enhanced 5.6-liter Endurance V8 sourced from the Titan full-size truck. It delivers over 600 hp (450 kW) and 950 Nm (700 lb-ft) of torque to the wheels via a six-speed manual transmission.
The custom Frontier also packs two bearing frames and song-stroke front axle suspension for better acceleration opportunities even in challenging off-road conditions.
The cabin keeps its trim and equipment to a bare minimum. There are Sparco seats, basic controls and safety belts to be seen – and little else.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Peek inside this spacious and well-designed Sprinter 4×4 campervan
- WIP: Extreme Turbo Systems teases a performance kit for the C8 Corvette Stingray
- You could scare kids with this murdered-out 1956 Chevy Bel Air
- SCL GLOBAL Concept unveils a large-scale styling kit for the Lamborghini Urus
- Vorsteiner’s Lamborghini Urus-X Aero Kit is already shipping, apparently