Audi R8 vs. G 63 AMG vs. Quadcopter vs. RC Car: The Unlikely Drag Race
CarWOW surely wanted to try something new with this latest drag race! The team pitted an Audi R8 and a Mercedes-AMG G 63 up against a 1:7 toy replica of a pickup truck and a racing-spec aerial drone!
The Audi R8 V10 Plus approached the quarter-mile long racetrack packing its standard 610PS (600hp, 447kW) engine. The bulky Mercedes-AMG G 63 also made use of its stock 585-PS (576-hp, 430-kW) mill. The RC car was Arrma Infraction. The drone, uncredited, weighed in at 450 g (1 lb).
The electric toys surely did get a fair amount of headway before the R8 caught up to them, but in the end, the three hit the finish line almost simultaneously, and the heavyweight G 63 arrived 1.5 seconds later.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Taylor Aerocar is a vintage flying car worth $1M
- Tesla Model 3 plows into a police car in Autopilot mode
- Elon Musk drives the Cybertruck to a restaurant and into a bollard
- Fiat 124 Spider says farewell to Europe, other markets likely to follow
- Chevrolet Suburban makes it onto the Hollywood Walk of Fame