Prior Design restores a 1969 Mustang GT
This 1969 Ford Mustang GT was present at the Prior Design space at the recently concluded Essen Motor Show. Highlights include the body kit, the wheels and the cabin.
The kit, in our opinion, truly shows the degree of mastery Prior Design is capable of: none of the parts strays from the classical styling of the original car, however enormous it might be. The gigantic front spoiler, the muscular arches and hood, the side skirts, the diffuser and the ducktail spoiler – everything looks like something the vintage Mustang might have shipped with.
Naturally, the wheels are represented by Prior Design’s own PD3 forged set with a six-dual-spoke design. The suspension is air-cushioned.
The cabin greets with an abundance of premium black leather and Alcantara stitched red for contrast. The Recaro seats are made of carbon fiber, the steering wheel is a one-off, and there are plenty of carbon trim elements used throughout.
The tuner decided against messing with the engine and transmission of the 50-year-old Mustang GT, limiting itself to replacing the worn-out components. This makes this project only a partial restomod – or simply an exquisitely well-restored vintage car with a pair of modern gimmicks, whichever you prefer.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- This Kahn Design’d Jeep Wrangler could be Barbie’s choice SUV
- Vilner unveils Porsche 911 with a sophisticated multi-layered interior
- Kahn Design unveils another Mercedes-Benz X-Class body kit
- Feast your eyes on this ultra-rare Nissan Skyline R34 GT-R VSpec II
- Would you stand your Mercedes S 500 L being treated like a sports car?