Marvel at Russia’s only Volkswagen K70 restomod
As we have recently discovered, Russian car tuner PARADIG///M indulges itself with large-scale restoration projects, rather than just tuning. Today, let’s have a look at this model year 1970 Volkswagen K70 saloon brought back into top condition.
The Golden Grandpa (this is what the project is called) took several thousand hours of hard work. In the process, PARADIG///M threw out its antiquated 1.6-liter, 75-hp (56-kW) engine and put a somewhat less antiquated 1.8-liter, 100-hp (75-kW) K70 LS unit in its place. Swapped like this, the Gramps can hit 160 km/h (100 mph) and probably more; unfortunately, we do not know how fast it sprints to 60 mph (97 km/h).
Further noteworthy details of the restomod project include air suspension, three-piece Porsche Fuchs wheels, and a complete interior makeover.
Watch the video for an in-depth look at what its creators claim is Russia’s only functional Volkswagen K70.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Q by Aston Martin to bring new DBX accessories to the Geneva show
- Cabinet-maker builds a gorgeous €70,000 supercar for the love of his 'sunny' kid
- Audi B9 A4 gets long-awaited ABT upgrades
- Lumma spruces up the Aston Martin DBX exterior
- Новый тюнер из Германии поразил роскошным рестомодом Porsche 911