Futura 2000 to produce BMW М2 Competition art car trio
BMW vehicles generally make a popular target for artists, but Leonard Hilton McGurr a.k.a. Futura 2000 takes things a step further by announcing three М2 Competition-based art cars at once.
The first of the three coupes is already a work in progress, and Paramount Pictures has exhibited it at its Frieze Los Angeles 2020 booth.
The ‘BMW M2 Edition designed by Futura 2000’ comes powered by the standard 3.0 I6 turbocharged to deliver 410 hp (306 kW) and 550 Nm (406 lb-ft) to the wheels.
Futura 2000 says the project is a joy to work upon, because the М2 Competition has a ‘dynamic, extraverted and provocative personality.’
Aside from the unique body graphics, the trio will boast black alloy wheels, decorative inserts for the dash panel and the center tunnel, running boards with the artist’s signature and the unique chassis number, Alcantara-wrapped M steering wheel with the zero mark, and black/ivory seats wrapped in Dacota leather with contrast stitching.
The BMW M2 Edition designed by Futura 2000 will go on sale in June.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Q by Aston Martin to bring new DBX accessories to the Geneva show
- Cabinet-maker builds a gorgeous €70,000 supercar for the love of his 'sunny' kid
- Audi B9 A4 gets long-awaited ABT upgrades
- Lumma spruces up the Aston Martin DBX exterior
- Новый тюнер из Германии поразил роскошным рестомодом Porsche 911