Audi B9 A4 gets long-awaited ABT upgrades
It is an open secret that tuners prefer to prioritize luxury and performance-oriented cars over the more mundane ones. ABT Sportsline is no exception; its A4 (B9) customization program has stood in the queue behind the RS4, RS6, RS7, and RS Q8.
The waiting is over now, and power upgrades are inbound for the 45 TFSI, 45 TDI, and 50 TDI variants of the A4. All three tune the ECUs for at least 30-50 kW (23-38 kW) of added power and 40-70 Nm (30-52 lb-ft) of torque. The specific values and prices are pending.
As far as the suspension, you will be able to lower your Audi A4 by between 15 and 40 millimeters (0.6 – 1.6 inches) using coilovers. This should address the somewhat excessive ‘long-leggedness’ of the series. ABT also has dozens of wheel sets and finishes to choose from, mostly coming from its own ER-C, FR, and GR collections and ranging between 19 and 20 inches in size.
Minor interior niceties, such as illuminated running boards, round off the list. The sales should begin soon.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- H&R lowering springs now available for BMW 3 Series Touring
- Lamborghini Countach 5000 enjoys exclusive interior treatment
- Russian tuner launches wheel arch extensions for the Porsche Cayenne SUV
- Creative Bespoke churns out a carbon-bodied Mercedes-AMG GT S
- Papadakis Racing nears completion of its 1,000-HP A90 Supra project