Divers stumble upon Ford Mustang, Mazda RX-7 & 4 more cars in the riverbed
Scuba divers from Portland, USA, got more than they bargained for when they investigated into an old urban legend about a girl who sank her boyfriend’s truck in the river two decades ago.
In addition to a decayed Chevrolet Luv pickup which was likely the subject of the tale, they subsequently fished out a Ford Mustang Mach 1, a Mazda RX-7 and three other cars. Needless to say, none of them were in any shape fit for restoration.
The main mystery that remains is just how so many cars ended up at the bottom of the same stretch of the river. Some of the guesses we have heard so far involved carjackers who got rid of evidence in hot pursuit and insurance frauds.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 1,000HP Lucid Air EV does 400 miles on a single charge
- Drag Race: Jet-powered Bloodhound LSR vs. F1 racer & Bugatti Chiron
- Military-spec Hummers and Willys go up on sale in the USA
- 1970 Subaru supermini police car goes up on sale at RM Sotheby’s
- This E38 BMW 7 Series has spent 23 years in a time capsule