Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series specs revealed
The range-topping Mercedes-AMG GT supercar – the Black Series – has already been spotted out in the open a couple of times, but its specs have remained a mystery until now.
According to South African media sources, the turbocharged V8 the car uses can output up to 721 PS (530 kW) and 800 Nm (590 lb-ft) of torque. Therefore, it sits 136 PS (100 kW) and 100 Nm (74 lb-ft) above the current flagship, the GT R.
A dual-clutch automatic transmission directs the entire momentum to the rear axle, and AWD is not going to be available in any form. Sprinting 0-100 km/h (0-62 mph) takes less than three seconds, and the top speed is reported as 320 km/h (199 mph).
The Mercedes-AMG GT Black Series sports a new body kit compared to its donor and should be considerably lighter as well. It will emerge in a strictly limited production run, although the exact quantity remains to be announced.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Toyota unveils Fortuner SUV facelift in Thailand
- Peugeot e-Traveller underway to Europe launch later this year
- Toyota Corolla shows off its sport chops in the new Special Edition
- 2021 Toyota Hilux shows up with better looks, suspension and diesel power
- Chevy Corvette for Europe packs more options and a hefty price tag