Hummer H1 tuner suddenly switches to Ford F-150
Up until recently, we have known U.S.-based Mil-Spec Automotive as a dedicated tuner of Hummer H1 vehicles. Its latest project – the extensively tuned Ford F-150 pickup – marks a significant detour from tradition.
On the outside, the truck wears the exclusive Magnetic Grey paintjob previously reserved for the Mil-Spec H1 Launch Edition (although other options are available as well). It sports a performance boost from its original 390 hp (291 kW) to 500 hp (373 kW). No further details are provided regarding the boost, but this F-150 should sprint faster than the range-topping 3.5 V6 EcoBoost with its 457 hp (341 kW).
The main highlight of the build comes in the form of new body kit and suspension. Here, the company uses the Baja Performance kit along with Fox shock absorbers to increase suspension travel to 11 inches (approx. 28 cm) and widen the wheel span by an impressive 13.5 inches (34 cm). This enables swapping the stock wheels out for heavy-duty beadlock rims.
Notable extras include metallic bumpers at both ends, a new radiator grille with the Mil-Spec logo on it, a roof rack with a light bar, and a truck bed organizer. The cabin benefits from a genuine leather trim and sports a few fine details, such as new aluminum controls.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Classical Saab 96 EV conversion could be yours for mere $1,969
- Godzilla comes to Europe: AutoTopNL takes a 1,400-hp Nissan GT-R to a speedway
- Chevrolet Colorado gets turned into a fiery-tempered monster
- Take a good look at this perfectly restored Porsche 911 G by STRAAT
- 727 hp and exclusive trim: Manhart updates its BMW X5 M tune for 2020