Video: Hennessey sends its 1,000-HP Jeep Gladiator on a desert drive
The famous Texan tuner unveiled its Jeep Gladiator Maximus project in May 2019; today, the team showed us just how well the crazy truck rides the sands.
The Gladiator had its stock engine swapped out for a supercharged 6.2 V8 rated at 1,000 horsepower (745 kilowatts). The losses incurred by the eight-speed auto transmission and AWD system result in only 700 hp (522 kW) and slightly over 850 Nm (627 lb-ft) reaching the wheels, but at this performance point, no one should be complaining, really.
The Maximus also features a 15cm (6-inch) suspension lift, new 20-inch wheels wrapped in BF Goodrich KD tires, heavy-duty bumpers, and a revised interior.
Hennessey will be producing 24 such vehicles starting from U.S. $225,000.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Classical Saab 96 EV conversion could be yours for mere $1,969
- Godzilla comes to Europe: AutoTopNL takes a 1,400-hp Nissan GT-R to a speedway
- Chevrolet Colorado gets turned into a fiery-tempered monster
- Take a good look at this perfectly restored Porsche 911 G by STRAAT
- 727 hp and exclusive trim: Manhart updates its BMW X5 M tune for 2020