Check out this clinically insane 1,000-HP BMW E36 build
Ohio-based tuner workshop Hidden Motorsports has gone full length turning an old E36 BMW 3 Series into a jalopy with space shuttle-like dynamics. Proceed at your own risk!
The only spots where the E36 reveals itself from under the mountain of mods are the windshield, the wheels, a few body panels, and the dashboard. Things get hot in the engine bay, where a new 5.3-liter ‘Small Block’ LS V8 by General Motors sits accompanied by dual turbochargers, as well as new air intake, cooling, and exhaust systems. A six-speed Tremec T56 gearbox sends up to one thousand horsepower (745 kilowatts) to the wheels, the tuner reports.
As you may have noticed by now, the build takes the definition of ‘clean’ to new heights. The car lacks any kind of doors, roof, front fenders, bumpers, or hood cover, instead flaunting a robust-looking roll cage like its very best suit. The rear wheels sport semi-slick tires on what looks like stock rims.
The cabin houses four bucket seats with four-point safety harnesses. The front panel, the instruments and the pedals are stock, while the steering wheel and the gear shift gate are new.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 727 hp and exclusive trim: Manhart updates its BMW X5 M tune for 2020
- Mazda MX-5 looks weird, but kinda cute in this Bugeye guise
- Chip-tuned Alpine A110 rivals A110S in sheer engine power
- Ukraine-designed all-terrain bus wins two prestigious international awards
- Toyota to unveil the new Fortuner & Hilux Revo on June 4