Suzuki Jimny goes swimming in Dutton Surf body kit
British car tuner Dutton now ships a conversion kit that can turn your old-gen Suzuki Jimny into an amphibious vehicle equally suited for roads and traversing bodies of water.
The Dutton Surf may look nothing like the Jimny it is based upon, but the tech inside stays unchanged. The new body is made of stainless steel and plastic parts.
The amphibian car relies on a water jet engine to propel it forward while sailing. The driver is supposed to switch to this mode manually using dedicated controls, and then proceed to steer the car as usual – using the steering wheel and pedals, just like on land.
The full package will set you back around £10,000 and ships in two main versions: as a DIY set and with installation included (UK only).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Classical Saab 96 EV conversion could be yours for mere $1,969
- Godzilla comes to Europe: AutoTopNL takes a 1,400-hp Nissan GT-R to a speedway
- Chevrolet Colorado gets turned into a fiery-tempered monster
- Take a good look at this perfectly restored Porsche 911 G by STRAAT
- 727 hp and exclusive trim: Manhart updates its BMW X5 M tune for 2020