Next TVR-style sports car announced with 487 hp
Mulholland Automotive, a subsidiary of Great Britain-based Mulholland Group that specializes in composite materials, engineering and motorsports tech, announced the development of an all-new two-door coupe with TVR-like appearance.
The sports car is called Legend 480 and boasts a carbon fiber chassis overlaid with composite bodywork. It comes powered by a V8 engine rated at 487 horsepower (363 kW), transmitted via a six-speed manual gearbox to the rear axle.
Responsible for the design is none other than Damian McTaggart, former TVR designer and co-author of the Cerbera, Tuscan and Sagaris models.
As for TVR itself, the company has fallen on hard times lately and is struggling to keep afloat. Early this year, it obtained the necessary certificates for its much-anticipated Griffith coupe and promised to begin road testing soon. It also reported securing a contract with Ford to equip the Griffith series with the Mustang V8 Coyote engine model. No further news followed.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Toyota unveils Fortuner SUV facelift in Thailand
- Peugeot e-Traveller underway to Europe launch later this year
- Toyota Corolla shows off its sport chops in the new Special Edition
- 2021 Toyota Hilux shows up with better looks, suspension and diesel power
- Chevy Corvette for Europe packs more options and a hefty price tag