Russian tuner converts an old Ford van into a tri-axle monster bus
Ford Market, a single-brand car shop based in St. Petersburg, Russia, has introduced the world to Raptor Bus, essentially a third-gen Ford Econoline turned into a six-wheel off-roader.
The team acquired the full-size van that used to be in production from 1975 until 1991 last year and restored it to peak condition, giving it a fresh paint and modifying the chassis to support the third axle.
The monster bus flaunts Ford F-150 Raptor front end and brake lights and rides on off-road tires that fit its extended arches more than adequately. There is also a LED strip under the grille and six additional lights on the roof.
The stock 5.8-liter V8 rated at 214 hp (160 kW) continues its service under the hood without any significant mods.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- 727 hp and exclusive trim: Manhart updates its BMW X5 M tune for 2020
- Mazda MX-5 looks weird, but kinda cute in this Bugeye guise
- Chip-tuned Alpine A110 rivals A110S in sheer engine power
- Ukraine-designed all-terrain bus wins two prestigious international awards
- Toyota to unveil the new Fortuner & Hilux Revo on June 4