Video: HPT-tuned BMW M5 goes up against some strong rivals
The BMW F90 M5 is no slouch in its production form, capable of hitting 100 km/h (62 mph) in three seconds flat and maxing out at 330 km/h (205 mph) with the speed limiter disabled. But would it hold its own again supercars with the help of a little bit of tuning? HPT decided to find out.
The German tuner boosted the V8 all the way to 865 hp (645 kW), installed an Akrapovic exhaust system and reinforced the entire drivetrain to cope with the load. The sedan subsequently challenged a Hamann BMW M4 (620 hp / 460 kW), a Porsche 9ff 740R (750 hp / 559 kW), a Ford Mustang GT and a Mercedes-AMG GT R Pro, among others. The contenders took a rolling start from 50 km/h (31 mph) and covered a kilometer (0.62-mile) long strip.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tuned Lambo Urus vs. Rolls-Royce Wraith: The Unlikely Drag Race
- Ford GT Le Mansory goes up on sale for €1,800,000
- Posaidon lands G-Wagen with supercar levels of horsepower
- ABT Sportsline celebrates 125 years in business by introducing the ABT RSQ8-R
- Video: Huracan Super Trofeo barely avoids disaster, laps up Nürburgring in 6:48