Audi A9 E-tron promises to break ground with new flagship in 2024
VW Group has announced a flagship electric saloon it has been working on: the Audi A9 E-tron. The design study comes based on the Aicon Concept shown in the gallery here and should be complete by 2024.
According to the company’s new Chairman of the Board of Directors, the A9 E-tron will become a technology showcase for dozens upon dozens of hybrid and electric vehicles produced by VW Group. The company also reckons to reclaim its title of the international leader in automotive technology with this project.
The corporation has already allocated €60 billion of investment in the R&D of fossil fuel-free cars.
The manufacturer emphasizes that the A9 will benefit from the latest achievements in autopilot, battery and transmission tech, and will support 5G, augmented reality and over-the-air updates.
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Porsche ex-designer patents a supercar in Japan
- Porsche confirms Panamera’s latest Nürburgring lap record
- Hyperion Motors reveals XP-1, a hydrogen supercar with 1,000+ miles of range
- Jeep Gladiator Farout Concept heralds the coming of EcoDiesel V6 3.0
- 1st Skoda EV revealed on pre-production sketches