Toyota resumes parts production for the 2000GT
Owners of the vintage Toyota 2000GT coupe that came out in 1967 will soon gain access to OEM spare parts and accessories as Toyota re-launches production of these after several decades of hiatus.
The company plans to manufacture a limited scope of parts at first and only expand if necessary. This includes replacement gears for the manual gearbox, synchronizers, gaskets, oil seals, bearings, snap rings, shift forks and axle-drive gear pairs.
The production will take place in the main Toyota factory, as well as factories of the marque’s partners. Pre-orders will open on August 1, and sales will be finalized as usual – via Toyota dealerships and the Gazoo Racing website.
To avoid re-sale fraud and other speculations, only verified 2000GT owners will receive access to the parts – and even then to only a limited amount thereof.
Despite its modest production run, the Toyota 2000GT managed to anticipate many design solutions found in the Japanese automaker’s later models, such as the legendary Supra line.
Earlier on, Toyota Gazoo Racing launched a program called GR Heritage Parts to produce parts for the older Toyota Supra generations: A70 (gen.3, 1986 – 1993) and A80 (gen.4, 1993 – 2002).
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- VW to launch traction battery production in the USA
- Hyundai says Ioniq 5 will surpass Kona Electric in all respects
- Next-gen Mercedes S-Class integrates lighting with safety features
- Hyundai & Aptiv establish Motional, a self-driving automobile sub-brand
- Video: Ford Bronco tackles Hell’s Revenge trail in Moab Desert