Tuner attempts to bring the BMW M340i to M4 levels of performance
The talented people over at RaceChip were excited to find out whether it was possible to beef up a BMW M340i xDrive enough for it to overtake a stock M4. Would the latest revision of the B58 engine be good enough? Let’s see what they discovered.
The B58 normally pushes out 374 horsepower (279 kilowatts) and 500 Newton-meters (369 pound-feet) of torque. After availing itself to a new downpipe, a high-end titanium-alloy exhaust system, some Eibach springs and an ECU tune, the M340i rose to 480 hp (358 kW) and 661 Nm (488 lb-ft) of peak torque.
The numbers are surely impressive enough! But are they enough to win a real-world showdown against the M4? Watch the video and find out!
Editor Andrew Raspopov
- Tuned Lambo Urus vs. Rolls-Royce Wraith: The Unlikely Drag Race
- Ford GT Le Mansory goes up on sale for €1,800,000
- Posaidon lands G-Wagen with supercar levels of horsepower
- ABT Sportsline celebrates 125 years in business by introducing the ABT RSQ8-R
- Video: Huracan Super Trofeo barely avoids disaster, laps up Nürburgring in 6:48